Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in OpenOffice, Microsoft Word, or RTF document file format.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
- The text adheres to the requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines.
It is the author’s responsibility to obtain permission to reproduce any work still under copyright in their upcoming submissions. Copyright can apply to any original work of art or text and could include such items as: textual works; artistic works; sound recordings; cinematograph films; broadcasts; web content; maps; photographs; and architectural drawings.
More information regarding copyright can be found on the Australian Copyright Council website.
Generally in academic work, most work is attributed by acknowledging the original source via citations. However, this does not allow authors to reuse other's work without permission, particularly if they are reusing a 'substantial' part of a work.
In practice, whilst this could occur across a range of work types, it is most likely to occur with the use of images, graphs and tables.
If a submission contains copyrighted images from other published sources, permission will be needed before the image can be used in a published article.
- once the article has been accepted, contact the authors or journal to request permission
- provide a copy of the approval email/form
If all images, graphs, and tables are the author’s own creation, authors will need to explain somewhere in the document that no permissions were necessary as the figures/tables are original and were created by the author.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.